We have an annual membership of £5 and then the hire fee depends on the type of carrier you choose.
Monthly sling meets are open to all whether expecting and looking in to your options, a new parent and confused by all the options or currently using carriers and looking to meet like minded people.
Our meetings are very friendly and we pride ourselves in making you feel comfortable and at ease.
1.Membership is valid for one year from the date of joining and will need to be renewed each year.
2. Rental Duration: The standard hire duration is one month
3. Included in the rental cost is ongoing support via phone,email, on facebook and at any of the Sling Library Meets.
4. The replacement of any lost carriers, accessories or instructions will be paid for by the hirer. Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
5. Payment Methods : Loan costs are payable by cash, card or PayPal
6. Late returns: If a carrier is not retuned by the end of the Sling meet when it is due back we will be imposing a £5 charge, and for every payment not received by the end of the day it is due this fee will also be due. If we do not hear from you within 30 days of the carrier return date, we will consider the carrier lost and seek full remuneration.
7. If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness or holidays, we will extend your loan period for free and agree a new return date.
8. Returns are to be made to the library meets before 11am unless an arrangement has been made. Please contact us via email or the sling library page. All rehires must be requested 48 hours before the return date and must be approved before payment is made.
9. Please ensure that the carrier, instructions and any accessories if given to you in a bag are returned in the same bag.
10. Condition of the Carrier: All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan.
11. It is the borrowers responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
12. All carriers are extremely safe when e can cause injury to yourself or child. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the carrier correctly and that your baby is safe at all times. Ipswich & Colchester Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
13. Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps a
14. If you are unsure about any aspect of your hired item or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you’re getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
15. Care of Carriers: Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned.
16. Do not wash the carrier. We will clean all carriers regularly and know how to deal with the usual marks. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is cleaned while on loan to you, please contact us first for advice.
17. We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not. If you would prefer to use a freshly laundered carrier please request this before you borrow.
18. We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility.
19. All slings, carriers, and accessories remain the property of Ipswich & Colchester Sling Library at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion.
20. When returning a carrier please ensure that you complete the returns form and have the carrier checked before you leave.